ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND PERFORMANCE IN A REGIONAL CONTEXT
It is now consensual the role of entrepreneurship for job creation and wealth generation in the nations. It is particularly interesting to study this phenomenon in a microeconomic perspective when considering where to study their contribution to the sustainability of local communities and the balance and competitiveness of the territories. The contributions to its study are multidisciplinary and diverse, as well as their topics of interest. The Workshop Entrepreneurship and Performance in a Regional Context aims to create a space for reflection and discussion on topics of entrepreneurship considering its impact on the entrepreneurial performance and on the development of territories. We will present various approaches to the subject, allowing the discussion of case studies and theoretical proposals that propose innovative solutions, strategies and promoting sustainable development and competitiveness of the territories.
The format of the workshop aims to encourage discussion and knowledge sharing among participants.
The format of the work must be done according to the shape of a case study or theoretical approach.
A selection of case studies and papers in each subject could be published on:
- Revista Lusófona de Economia e Gestão das Organizações (see http://revistas.ulusofona.pt/index.php/r-lego)
- Handbook of Research On Entrepreneurial Development and Innovation within Smart Cities, to be published by IGI Global (see http://www.igi-global.com/publish/call-for-papers/call-details/1985)
The submission of communications may be in Portuguese, Castilian and English. Its possible apply to organizing commitee for an online presentation.
- Public policies to promote entrepreneurship (Public Policies and public programs with a regional impact in promoting entrepreneurship)
- Entrepreneurship and social innovation (innovative projects and programs of public or private social entrepreneurship with a regional impact)
- Higher education, knowledge transfer and business creation (programs, initiatives and stimulate the entrepreneurship education and knowledge transfer in higher education for the region)
- Entrepreneurship, innovation and creation of regional value (Cases sectors / companies with regional impact - industry, services, agriculture - encompassed by level of technology, business size, industry structure, property type)
- Entrepreneurship and internationalization (Cases of internationalization / FDI to regional impacts)
- Research On Entrepreneurial Development and Innovation within Smart Cities Other topics related to entrepreneurship and regional development considered relevant
- Innovation performance accounting (Financing accounting and firms development)
- Entrepreneurial and finance (Business development, performance and innovation)
- Firms performance, analysis and innovation (Case studies of internationalization, family business and regional development)
- Accounting for sustainable development performance (small and medium business, non-profit sector companies, insurance companies)
- Entrepreneurial performance (Sustainable growth, business development, regional development, family firms)
The Keynote Lecture on "Public policies to promote entrepreneurship and innovation" will be delivered by Maria José Madeira (University of Beira Interior, Portugal)